Happy Friday! This past week I continued to work on setting up the new apartment, specifically the desk area and the closet. I’d say this place is about 90% complete now, and the rest will come together once I clear out some stuff that simply won’t fit.
Today we are heading down to South Carolina to do some wedding planning and work on the family beach cottage. I’m taking a lot of my beachy decor that I collected while living in Hawaii, as well as the big brown recliner (since we moved here it has been an elephant in the room sitting right in front of the tv), so thankfully that’ll free up some much needed space.
Lately I’ve had fall clothes on the brain, as well as simple DIYs and decorating (of course). Here are a few of the specific things that have caught my eye this past week.
Aren’t these faux leather leggings from Ann Taylor fabulous?
1. Leather Pants. Last year I purchased a pair of skinny black pants that have leather down the sides. I LOVE them, and whenever I wear them I always want to strut around like Olivia Newton John and sing “You’re the One that I Want.” Ok so maybe I actually DO do that…and Tom laughs and rolls his eyes every time because he’s not a fan of musicals. Anyway…this year I’m really considering going all the way and buying a pair of (faux) leather pants. I think they look so chic, especially with a killer pair of heels.
2. Tropical Banana Palm Leaves Print. The banana leaf palm motif has been creeping up everywhere lately. I’ve seen it on chairs, walls, and pillows, and because this pattern is so chic it can work anywhere and not just at a beach house. I love this print from The Aestate on Etsy, and wish I had some extra wall space so that I could add it to my collection!
Image via The Winthrop Chronicles.
3. Gold Color Blocked Mug DIY. How great and easy does this DIY featured on The Winthrop Chronicles look? I have some turquoise mugs just like this, and I think they definitely need a gold spray paint upgrade!
4. Black and White Striped Chairs. One of the best ways to save a dated looking piece of furniture is to reupholster it with a fresh new fabric. I’m planning on breathing new life into a dated wicker chair with tired looking cushions, and black and white stripes definitely seems like the way to go!
Image via The Little Kitchen.
5. BBQ Portobello Grilled Cheese. I love a good grilled cheese any time of year, but in the fall I like them to be nice and hearty. This BBQ portobello grilled cheese with caramelized onions from the Little Kitchen looks super yummy and I can’t wait to try it out.
Leave a comment
I love those pants! Now that I am done with babies, I cannot wait to shop again