This past week has been another busy one! Here’s a recap of what’s been on my mind lately.
1. The highlight of the week was attending the Medal of Honor Ceremony for Sergeant Kyle White at the White House on Tuesday. It was a humbling and inspiring ceremony, and I was honored to have the opportunity to attend. I was able to tour many different rooms, enjoyed a delicious reception, and I will feature a recap of the event on my blog next week. (Something neat: The Army aide to the President was one of my instructor’s at West Point! So cool that I ran into him during the ceremony. He’s the one holding the Medal of Honor in this photo.)
2. If you’d like to get to know me a little better, head on over to Gumption, a lifestyle and travel blog by Ellie Fulton that strives to inspire people from all walks of life to live a life of gumption and a life to the fullest. We did a Q&A session this week, and it’s featured on her blog today.
3. I have been taking the Blogging Your Way Course for the past few weeks, which is run by Holly Becker of Decor8. I am paired up with a partner named Bernadette, and she writes a lovely blog called Pop in for Tea. She lives in Australia, has an amazing garden, and takes the loveliest photos of flowers, food and landscapes. Plus all of her recipes look delicious (her baked figs with goat cheese and prosciutto looks so yummy). Check out her blog if you’d like a mental vacation to enchanting Australia!
4. I also am over on the Automated Referral Housing Network, which is a great resource for military families who are relocating. I found both of my apartments in Hawaii through AHRN, and on Wednesday I provided tips for Service Members and families who find out they are going to be stationed at the Pentagon. Lots of good tips and information for moving to a very busy city!
5. I recently purchased this J.Crew striped one-piece swimsuit….I’m definitely more of a bikini kinda girl, but for some reason I just couldn’t get this one out of my head (I featured a similar in a post a few months ago and have wanted a fun one-piece since then!). It fits really well, the underwire makes it feminine and a little sexy, and staying true to my nature, the stripes and the pop of coral was impossible to resist. 6. Life With a Dash of Whimsy is finally on Facebook! If you enjoy the blog, head on over to the new Facebook page and like it!