We all have those tried and true products that we turn to time and time again, so today I wanted to share some of my favorite beauty items that I’ve been using for quite some time. These are all non-makeup items that help me look and feel my best without any makeup on. A good foundation (skin care, habits, routines, etc.) makes all the difference and allows your true beauty to shine through. Here are some of my favorites!
1. Jade Roller: I like to use a jade roller in the morning to help my serums absorb better and also help with puffiness. I’ve linked an affordable Amazon one but I also like my Primally Pure one that I received as a gift from a friend.
2. Beautycounter Countertime Collection: Beautycounter’s anti-aging line helps smooth fine lines, hydrates skin, evens skin tone, and much more. I’ve been using it for nearly 2 years and love it. I wrote blog post on my results here.
3. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides: I put a scoop of collagen peptides in my coffee to help promote healthy skin, nails and joints. I notice a significant increase in hair growth when I use collagen peptides, which is especially helpful in the postpartum phase.
4. Silk Pillow Case: This pillow case is affordable and really helps prevent sleep marks on your face (something I used to constantly struggle with because I often sleep on my stomach.) It also helps keep your hair from getting all crazy at night, which is handy if you only wash your hair every few days like I do.
5. Kristin Ess Hair Mask: I’ve loved this hair mask for years and try to use it once a week. It has great slip so it’s easy to distribute and I apply it from my ears down (avoiding roots!).
6. Sephora Collection Lip Balm: This is my go-to lip balm that I keep next to my bed and in my bag. The coconut is sheer so I like that just for moisture (great right before bed), and I like the rose, goji and watermelon for a tiny hint of color.
7. Coiled Hair Ties: These are the only hair ties I use for ponytails and buns, and they’re great for distance running.
8. Reusable Shower Cap: I only wash my hair 3 times a week, so I use a shower cap when I need to keep my hair dry. This one is cute and I’ve had it for years!
9. Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel: The holy grail of clean beauty products, this product has transformed my skin! It faded my melasma and helps me look fresh faced in the morning. I use it every other night. (I wrote a full blog post about how to use it here.)
10. CocoFloss: Never thought floss would be something I’d obsess over, but since switching to CocoFloss I’ve noticed how much cleaner my teeth feel. It grabs all the plaque and I think my smile is whiter now too.
11. Revlon Dryer Brush: This blow drying brush has been a game-changer and I actually enjoy drying my hair now! I don’t dry my hair often (I tend to prefer air drying since I’m lazy) but this past winter I used my Revlon dryer brush often and it creates a beautiful blowout and is incredibly quick too. Highly recommend!
12. Beautycounter All Bright C Serum: This daytime product helps protect my skin from free radicals and environmental stressors and it has also helped fade my skin discoloration. I use it every morning after my anti-aging Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum.
13. Beautycounter Sheer Defense Face Sunscreen: I’m a big believer in SPF, especially after spending 6 years living in Hawaii. I mix in 1 pump of this mineral sunscreen into my daytime moisturizer and also use it on my kids. It rubs in really easily and doesn’t leave a white residue.
14. Wet Brush: This is my go-to brush for my fine hair. Easily works out tangles and it’s the brush I prefer to use on my girls as well.
15. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Dry Shampoo: I apply this dry shampoo to my roots on days I don’t wash my hair to absorb oil. It also helps give a little extra volume and the smell is amazing!
16. Aveda Volumizing Tonic: I’ve been using this on my roots when I blow dry my hair (you must use heat after applying this product) and it really helps give my limp hair some extra volume.
18. Eyelash Growth Serum: I have naturally short eyelashes and I love the results I get from the Rodan + Fields Lash Boost. I had a subscription for it after Caroline was born, and because I like to ration my expensive beauty products I ended up with a few extra tubes and then quit using it when I was pregnant with Tate. Over the past few months I’ve been using up my stash and my lashes are nice and long again (they do get shorter if you stop using it). I don’t like the price tag of the R + F Lash Boost though, so I plan on trying Dime Beauty Eyelash Boost Serum next, as I’ve heard great things about it and it’s significantly cheaper.
19. Tinkle Razors: These face razors shave off peach fuzz and also deeply exfoliate the skin. I try to use one every 2 weeks. Using one also helps your makeup go on smoother!
20. Microfiber Hair Turban: This is my preferred hair drying method after I hop out of the shower and I’ve had mine for probably 10 years. A heavy towel can pull your hair and cause breakage, and I think a hair turban is a lot easier on my hair and neck.
21. Arm and Hammer Advance White Toothpaste: Tom and I both use this toothpaste and it really helps with whitening without making your teeth feel sensitive.