I’ve shared my love for Madison-Mathews a lot the past 5 years, but I recently realized that I’ve never done a dedicated sizing guide for you. The majority of the clothing from this Charleston-based clothing shop runs true to size, but there are some things that run large and some things that run small, so I thought it would be helpful to share all of the information I’ve learned firsthand here today, since most people end up shopping online these days. If you do decide to shop be sure to use my code KATIE to save 10% on your order. I don’t earn commission on the sales, just a nice thing they’ve done to allow my readers to save some money 🙂 And if they don’t have something online that you’re looking for don’t be afraid to give them a call or send them a message on Instagram. The ladies there are so sweet and they often have things in store that haven’t made it online yet. They’ll honor the discount code if you call too, so just ask!
One or two of these pieces were gifted over the years and a few were discounted because I’ve gotten to become friends with the owner and the ladies who work there, but this post is in no way sponsored by Madison-Mathews. I just love the clothing for its classic style and enjoy sharing this brand with you because I’m such a huge fan and always enjoy sharing the things I love.
1. The Catherine Top – Runs Large, Size Down One Size (pictured below) I have this top in 4 different colors and it’s one of my most-worn styles of tops when the weather is warm.
2. The Juliette Dress – Runs True to Size (pictured below) This dress is nursing friendly and I wore it for the first half of my pregnancy too. Probably my favorite silhouette these days and I have it 5 different colors because I’m obsessed! I always wear these Amazon bike shorts underneath it since I’m always chasing around kids and don’t want to give anyone a show. Size up 1 size in the shorts.
3. The Mabry Dress – Runs True to Size (Pictured below. It’s an old style, hopefully it’ll come back one day!) This was the first style I fell in love with and you can probably find it on Poshmark or another second hand site like that!
4. The Folly Midi Dress – Runs True to Size (pictured below in Ocean Floral). This dress has a slight puff shoulder and has a few tiers.
5. The Dolly Dress – Runs Large, size down one size (pictured below) Similar to the Folly above but doesn’t have the puff shoulder.
6. The Folly Mini Dress – Runs true to size (pictured below). Same as the Folly Midi but shorter.
7. The Chloe Dress – Runs small, size up one size (I’m wearing my normal size in the photo below but felt it ran small in the armpits so I sized up)
Margaux Pointe flats c/o Margaux (code STRIPES10 saves you 10% on your first order)
8. Shorts – True to size though if you’re concerned about tightness in the waist I’d size up one size (pictured below, taken by my friend Stephanie back in Hawaii and she’s the best photographer around if you’re looking for photos on Oahu!)
favorite white t-shirt (only $8 and I like to size up 1 size)
9. The Sophie Maxi Dress – Runs true to size (pictured below). Has a cute tie back at the bra area with tassels on the two ties.
10. Lia Maxi Dress – Runs true to size (pictured below). I was pregnant in both of these photos so it works with a bump for a while!
tote (timeless! Mine is nearly 10 years old.) | sun hat (my favorite because it’s packable and adjustable) | rattan earrings (Amazon!) | similar necklace | woven mules (mine are old from Target but these are the exact same and only $9)
11. Roper Long Kaftan – One size fits most (runs quite long, I wouldn’t recommend for under 5’4″)
12. Diane Maxi Dress – Runs true to size (pictured below, shirt version and short dress are linked)
13. Short Tunic (not sure the name since it’s an old style) – runs true to size