Here are 8 random things that I’m loving lately that I haven’t shared here on the blog!
1. More Beautiful by Mark D. Sikes– I love a good coffee table book and this one is full of lots of blue and white wonderfulness. Mark D. Sikes has all-American style that is quite traditional but there is nothing stuffy or old fashioned about it. I absolutely love his work! His other book, Beautiful, is fantastic too and I love to comb the pages on the weekends while I sip coffee. Doesn’t happen often but I’m always inspired when it does! These books also look great on a bookshelf and under a lamp.
2. Dudley Stephen’s Brighton Boatneck Top– I always talk about Dudley Stephens fleece turtlenecks but I also love their fleece boatneck top! It’s structured and the neckline is slightly raised but it’s a great alternative if you aren’t really a turtleneck fan. I have the neon pink one and recently wore it while Caroline wore her neon pink Dudley Stephens toddler turtleneck and Tate wore a cute lookalike top from Old Navy.
3. Small Card Wallet Keychain– I used to have a card pocket on the back of my phone but when I switched to a Loopycases case I had to find a different solution. These days I don’t like to carry my large wallet and often just grab my keys and go, especially if we’re just walking to the grocery store or to get coffee. I wanted a small wallet that I could attach to my keys that had a spot for cards and also a little zipper pouch. I also wanted something that I could remove easily, and I can do that thanks to the clasp. This card wallet from Amazon is exactly what I was looking for! It’s only $6.99 right now and comes in a few different colors. It’s all I use anymore! Highly recommend if you need a simple solution for carrying your cards.
4. Artis Face Brushes– I’ll admit, I was totally influenced by Megan Stokes and bought these. In particular I wanted to try the Oval 7 brush (for foundation) and when I saw the set of 3 brushes (Oval 7, Oval 3, Linear 1) heavily discounted ($55 instead of $110) as part of their warehouse sale I decided it was time to get them (here is the regular listing in case the sale listing disappears)! At the time of writing this I’ve only owned them for 24 hours, but they apply makeup like a dream because the brush is so densely packed with smooth bristles that it gives you an almost airbrushed look. I used the Oval 7 brush to apply my Beautycounter Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation (in medium 340) and the Oval 3 brush to apply my new Beautycounter Skin Twin Creamy Concealer (in medium 2) and it’s the best makeup application that I’ve ever had!
5. Brown Suede Tretorn Sneakers– I wear sneakers with my regular clothes pretty often these days and now that fall is here I wanted a pair that didn’t look quite as summery as my white Superga Cotu sneakers do (though I still wear them this time of year, too!). I purchased this pair of brown suede Tretorn Nylite 45 Plus sneakers and they are dreamy! The perfect casual fall shoe and they feel like you’re walking on clouds. I read that they run large so I sized down half a size and they fit perfectly. Though I will say that the toe box is a little narrower than the toe box on my Superga sneakers so if you have a wider foot you might want to just get your regular shoe size.
6. Striped Cotton Robe– My favorite long robe now comes in a striped version! I wore a red one at the hospital when Tate was born and have worn it yearround ever since. It was sold out for quite some time but it’s back in solid colors and in white with thin blue stripes. They look extra cute and pretty if you add a monogram (I like mine in the top left on the chest). This runs tts.
7. Brown Leather Tech Gloves– These cashmere lined gloves are beautiful! I love a pair of leather gloves in the winter for a classic look, and this glazed pecan color is perfect to wear with black and brown outfits. They’re tech-friendly so you can use your phone while wearing them. Be sure to size up because they run small! I’d say my hands are on the normal side (so probably traditionally a medium) but I sized up to a large and I’m glad I did.
8. Chateau Parka with Faux-Fur Trimmed Hood– I’ve had a crush on this coat for a few years now and recently bought it and wore it on a blustery DC day. I bought the Heather Dusk (gray) color and it’s the perfect neutral. The coat comes in lots of other colors though and I especially love the Heather Acorn (a dark camel color), Dark Forest (green) and Heather Red Pink (bright red). This coat runs tts.
Shop the Post: