I started this blog post a year ago and am just now finishing it! The pictures are that old too…whoops. I’m so bad about starting a post and then keeping it half finished in my drafts folder, but better late than never, right? 🙂 Back when we lived in Hawaii I tried to have coffee on our lanai most mornings, even if for only 5 minutes. It was a tiny little space but having a spot that I truly loved was really important to me. Blue and white patio decor is classic and will never go out of style, so I think it’s a wise way to get when you’re creating an outdoor space for your home. Serena and Lily is my inspiration for all of my outdoor looks and they’re currently having a 20% off Memorial Day sale with code LIVEWELL. We have a few pieces from there sprinkled around our home (and I’d love to have more one day if the budget allowed), but if you’re like me and prefer to source items with a similar aesthetic from places like World Market, Target and Ikea then make sure to scroll to the end for all my current favorites and check out this blog post from last summer too!
In these photos I’m wearing an old dress from J.Crew Factory, this bow sun hat (a staple in my summer wardrobe) and these rattan earrings (only $10.99 and on Prime).
Blue and White Patio
When we first moved in we didn’t have a designated place to eat on our lanai (just had the loveseat and chairs we bought back when we lived in Kansas in 2016) and even though the spot got a little more cramped once we added the bistro table and chairs I’m so glad we squeezed them in. Tom and I both started using the space way more often after that addition! We especially enjoyed it at night after the kids went to bed. We’d eat a late dinner at the table while listening to music (we love this portable bluetooth speaker) and after we’d finish eating we’d sit on the loveseat and look at the sky and palm trees dance in the breeze.
All of the items seen in these photos are old but I’ve found some similar items in case your interested:
- The blue and white bistro chairs were from Target (and you may still be able to find in some stores) but these, these and these are similar options.
- The wood bistro table is from Ikea and it came with 2 wood chairs. Currently only $48! Great little table but it did warp in the sun after about 2 years of direct sunshine. I just ordered this French blue bistro set on Amazon and it gets amazing reviews.
- The outdoor rug was from World Market in 2016 and I loved that it was reversible. I love this one and this one as current options.
- The loveseat and chairs were from World Market. They’re amazing and we’ve had them since summer 2016 and will use them again in DC. Similar loveseats can be found here and here, and similar chairs can be found here and here.
- The blue and white garden stool was an antique store find back when we lived in Maryland. This blue and white one, this white one and this blue one would all be great options. HomeGoods is also a great place for garden stools.
- The pillows are all old from Target. I love the look of this natural one, this navy one and if you’re in the mood for a splurge we have these giant white indoor outdoor pillows.
- The wicker coffee table is actually an old indoor table from Ikea that we decided to try and use outside. It actually held up well! This one is relatively similar and made for outdoors.
- The rattan wrapped hurricane was purchased at a shop in Hawaii called SoHa, but I’m pretty sure it’s Amanda Lindroth. Here and here are more affordable options.
- The white lantern is from Ikea.
So pretty, Katie! I can’t wait to see what you do with your new home in DC!