You guys! Beautycounter’s Black Friday sale starts TODAY! From Friday, November 22, 2019 until Sunday, December 1, 2019 take 15% off of your order and receive free shipping on orders over $50 too. SUCH a fantastic deal because sales rarely happen and the free shipping is the sweet little cherry on top.
As you probably all know, I’m a Beautycounter consultant and have been using these clean beauty products for over a year now. And I’ve never been happier with my skin. With each new product I try I become more and more passionate about the company, and I’ve loved sharing these cleaner options with you too! They’re high-performing and I appreciate that I don’t have to worry about whether the ingredients in them are safe or not. I’ve been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for pretty much 5 years straight (yikes!) so safety is incredibly important to me, which is why the whole family uses Beautycounter now (Tom will be receiving the Counterman Carry On Set for Christmas). All of the links in this post will take you to my Beautycounter site, and if you decide to make a purchase and if you’d like to support my business I’d really appreciate it if you’d ensure that it says “you’re shopping with Katie Vail” or something like that before you check out. If it doesn’t you can always search for a consultant and find me that way too 🙂 Additionally, please select the “Stripes and Whimsy Pop-Up” box before you check out! Thank you, friends!
First off, in order to get the biggest bang for your buck I recommend joining the Band of Beauty annual rewards program for $29, which will get you:
- the Overnight Resurfacing Peel for free (a $63 value and Beautycounter’s most raved about product) as long as you also have at least $50 of products in your cart (it’ll automatically populate in your cart once you’ve added the BoB membership and $50 of products…make sure it’s there because they won’t add it retroactively). This is the gift for the month of November only.
- 10% credit on all purchases for the next year (for example, spend $100 today get $10 to apply to your next purchase)
- free shipping on orders over $100 for the next year
There are no auto-ships or minimum purchase requirements, it’s simply a great way to save money if you think you’ll shop a couple times a year and also get an incredible free product while you’re at it. If you have questions about anything please let me know! You can also find my previous Beautycounter blog posts here and read why I made the leap to clean beauty here.
Alright now, without further ado, here are my most loved Beautycounter products and gift sets that I recommend snagging during this amazing sale!
1. Overnight Resurfacing Peel: ($63) The product I won’t shut up about! This product has helped with my melasma, skin discoloration, fine lines and makes my face look brighter too. It’s often referred to as “botox in a bottle,” yet it’s safe for anyone. I use it every other night after cleansing and before my moisturizer and eye cream. Just let it soak in for 3-5 minutes before moving on to the next step to get maximum impact. (The “peel” is a misnomer and you don’t actually wash it off or peel it off. It’s left on overnight and works it’s magic while you sleep!)
2. Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence: ($59) After cleansing I’ll pat this onto my face (morning and night) before following up with a serum or the Overnight Resurfacing Peel. This is based on Asian skincare practices and it makes your skin glow!
3. Charcoal Cleansing Bar: ($26) If you have oily or acne-prone skin this is a great product to add to your routine! I’ll often use this in the morning or when I double cleanse in the evening (I’ll use the Countertime Cleansing Oil first and then will use this bar with a spinning facial brush). If you keep it on a soap lift and just ran a wet hand over it each time you use it it’ll last you forever!
4. Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion: ($49) This face lotion adapts to your skin’s moisture needs throughout the day. Many people who have dry skin rave about this product, and I love it too (I have oily skin) and use it daily. It feels so good on the skin and isn’t greasy at all.
5. Charcoal Facial Mask: ($49) A great weekly treat to absorb oil and remove impurities from your skin. (Just make sure you use a dark washcloth so you don’t stain a white one!)
6. No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil: ($69) This is great if you love using a Vitamin C product to protect and brighten your skin. Mix this oil into your moisturizer in the morning or at night. I used it on alternating nights when I wasn’t using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel until I ran out. Need to order some more!
7. Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream: ($69) This eye cream reduces the appearance of crows feet and fine lines, reduces puffiness, and decreases the appearance of dark circles. Can be used morning and night after your moisturizer! I love this stuff, especially as a tired momma in my mid-thirties 🙂
8. Instant Eye Makeup Remover: ($25) The cleansing oil or cleansing balm typically do the trick when it comes to removing eye makeup, but when I happen to have on waterproof mascara or a lot of eye makeup I’ll uses this eye makeup remover. It works really well!
9. Nourishing Cream Exfoliator: ($35) I keep this mild cleanser in the shower and use it a couple times a week. It’s really gentle and not abrasive, but makes your skin nice and clean.
10. One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes: ($20) I save these for when I’m feeling super lazy at night. They remove makeup really well and are a good option when you don’t feel like washing your face (great for a gym bag too!). These will also be in my hospital bag for when I give birth next month.
11. Nourishing Cream Cleanser: ($29) This lives in my shower as well and it’s so gentle. This and the exfoliator are great if you want to introduce a skincare routine to your children/tweens/teens. (I’ve had a number of clients ask for recommendations on this. This demographic also loves the charcoal mask!) Teaching good skincare habits is so important and can be helpful if you do so before puberty.
12. Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum: ($79) This serum is amazing and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and it visibly increases skin’s firmness and elasticity. I apply it in the morning after I use the essence and before my moisturizer. I’ll also use it in the evenings on nights I don’t use the peel.
13. Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream: ($89) I love this anti-aging night cream. It’s thick and has a plant based retinol alternative that rivals the effectiveness of pricy well known skincare lines!
14. Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm: ($72) This is a great multi-tasking product. I use it in the evenings when I’m tired and don’t feel like doing multiple skincare steps. I’ll apply it to my dry face (with makeup still on) and it melts makeup away and cleanses the face. Then I’ll rinse it off, dry my face and then apply another layer as an overnight facial mask. My skin always glows when I wake up!
15. Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil: ($49) I love to use a cleansing oil at night. I use 1 or 2 pumps and then apply to a dry (still dirty) face, and it melts makeup and impurities away without stripping essential lipids from the skin. A great cleansing option if you want to focus on anti-aging!
Bath and Body
16. Melting Body Balm: ($42) This rich balm is ultra-moisturizing and great on rough spots (and pregnant bellies). I used it for a few months and loved it. Smells heavenly as well!
17. Body Butter in Citrus Mimosa: ($39) This thick body butter feels luxurious on the skin and it soaks right in without feeling sticky. The citrus mimosa scent is amazing too!
18. Citrus Mimosa Body Bar: ($22) I haven’t shaved with shaving cream in probably 12 years. I prefer a simple bar of soap, and I’ve been using this for a month or so. It smells nice and leaves your skin feeling nice and clean.
19. Kids Bath Collection: ($45) We’ve been using the kids bath products for probably 8 months now and the scent is nice and fresh and they do a great job at getting the kiddos squeaky clean. I use the conditioner on Caroline now that her hair is getting longer.
20. Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer: ($39) I use this lotion almost daily and it adapts to your skin’s moisture needs throughout the day. I attribute it to eliminating the KP (ugly white bumps) on the backs of my arms.
21. Baby Bundle Collection: ($54) I’m excited to try the baby products once this next little one arrives! This would make a great baby shower or new mom gift. There are also individual baby products, which can be found here.
1. Glow Getters Trio: ($89) OBSESSED with this set. You get a 2/3 sized Overnight Resurfacing Peel, an Illuminating Cream that you apply over your lotion to make your skin glow (it’s pearlescent and not glittery, so don’t worry). It also comes with a versatile Highlighter stick that can be worn on cheeks, eyelids and lips.
2. Mini Lip Gloss Vault: ($89) Break this set of 10 lipglosses apart and give to all the teens and women in your life! (Or just keep it for yourself because it’s packed with gorgeous colors.) All of the colors are beautiful and should work with most skin tones.
3. Pout Perfecter Lip Care Set: ($49) This set includes a lip scrub made with organic sugar, a moisturizing clean balm (I use this every night), and a clear lip gloss. Great little set!
4. Hand Cream Trio: ($34) A great stocking stuffer or as part of a teacher gift (I’ll be breaking this set apart for Caroline’s teachers).
5. Body Butter Trio: ($49) I plan on breaking this set apart to give as gifts to Jack’s teachers, along with a gift Target card.
6. Starlight Eyeshadow Palette: ($36) This eyeshadow palette is GORGEOUS! All 5 colors are very wearable. I layer 2 or 3 of the lighter colors to create a nice, easy look and then use a precision brush to apply one of the darker colors as liner. I used the dark blue “Eclipse” as eyeliner a few weeks ago and got so many compliments on my eye makeup that day! It really is a beautiful set.
7. Counter+ Skin Care Favorites: ($89) A great gift to give to someone who loves skincare (or for yourself if you’ve been interested in trying out some different products). All 4 products are fantastic! The Lotus Glow Cleansing Stick is great to throw in your gym bag or for traveling, the Overnight Resurfacing Peel is full sized(!) and is great for every type of skin, the No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil helps even skin tone and make your skin look brighter, and the Charcoal Facial Mask is great for absorbing oil and drawing out impurities. (I gave my mom a similar set last Christmas and she loved it.)
8. The Jellies: ($39) Everyone is going crazy for these jelly lip glosses. I gave my (60 year old) mom the butterscotch one and she loves it, and they’re perfect for tweens, teens…pretty much every female in your life!
9. Fresh Faced Trio: ($45) This is a great set to give someone who has a minimal makeup routine, or a tween/teen who is interested in starting to wear makeup. The jelly lip gloss color is so pretty and natural, the lengthening mascara works so well, and the clear brow gel tames brows without adding any color.
10. Glow & Go Mini Oils: ($34) If you aren’t sure what oil you’d like to incorporate into your routine then this is a great way to try all 3! They’re mini in size but still provide a great amount of product.
11. Better Balm Duo: ($36) I have always loved lip balm, and this pair is exactly what I’ve been hoping Beautycounter would start making. I use the clear one before bed or when I just want some moisture on my lips, and the Raspberry one feels so nice and makes your lips and effortless pink color. Both are scented very subtly.
12. Transforming Duo: ($34) This duo will sell out before Christmas, no doubt about it. The lipstick goes on like a balm and it looks different on everyone. It’s always a nice pink color that is very natural looking. The gloss is good to layer over top if you want, and it’s not sticky at all.
1. Color Pinch Cream Blusher in Caramel: ($38) This is the product I didn’t have high hopes for and now I can’t get enough of it. The Caramel color is gooooorgeous! I thought it would look too dark on my skin but it actually is beautiful on pretty much everyone. My mom ordered it too and wears it daily now. I even put it on my eyelids for a little hit of color that takes like 2 seconds to apply. (I tried the Hibiscus color and thought it was too bright pink so caramel is my no-fail recommendation now.)
2. Satin Powder Blush: ($30) This blush is super pigmented so a little goes a long way (and it’ll last for a really long time!). I love the Nectar color and it’s a great dupe for NARS Orgasm blush.
3. Lip Glosses: ($29) Truthfully, I wasn’t a big lip gloss girl until I tried these. They aren’t sticky and they feel really nice, and they provide a subtle hint of color too! I love the Bare Shimmer (nice and neutral), Rosewood (great for fall), and Dahlia (pretty pink).
4. Radiant All Over Bronzer: ($39) This bronzer gives a nice sun-kissed look and isn’t shimmery at all. Really helps contour the face in a very natural way. I use shade Dune.
5. Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation: ($42) his is a great buildable foundation and I love applying it with the Retractable Foundation Brush. It doesn’t have SPF though, which is the one downside. Has more of a matte finish than the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer.
6. Mattifying Powder: ($39) I love to dust this powder on after applying the tinted moisturizer and before applying bronzer. It’s great at helping to set makeup and absorb oil.
7. Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer: ($45) A great tinted moisturizer that provides some coverage but not too much. Has SPF 20, which is why it’s my go-to. It does have a dewier finish so if you’re oily or if you like more of a matte finish then you may prefer the Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation. I can wear shade no.2 and no.3.
8. Velvet Eyeshadow Palette: ($50) This is the perfect size of eyeshadow palette, with 9 super wearable colors. And they stay on SO well and don’t fade throughout the day. I have the Classic Palette (pictured in this collage) and it’s full of neutral colors that are easy to apply. I also have the Romantic Palette which is full of beautiful pinks, which is one of my favorite looks with eyeshadow. Highly recommend both of these!
9. Touchup Concealer Pen: ($33) Interesting application method (like a little paintbrush!) and I really like this concealer. It takes some time to get the concealer flowing when you first buy it but then all you need is 1 “click” per application after that. I wear shade Medium 1.
10. Retractable Foundation Brush: ($35) I love this brush for applying foundation and tinted moisturizer! It helps the product go on better and ensures you don’t waste any.
11. Volumizing Mascara: ($29) Made with natural fibers and has a great hourglass brush that curls, separates and plumps your eyelashes. It’s made with plant-derived ingredients instead of harmful emollients. (Because of this some people think it’s a tad dry compared to traditional mascaras, but if you warm it up under water or in your bra or pocket when you’re getting ready you should have no issue.) I love this mascara and apply 2 coats whenever I wear makeup.
12. Sheer Lipstick: ($32) These lipsticks go on like a lip balm and they feel so moisturizing! They’re so easy to apply that you can even do it without a mirror (something you can’t say for most lipsticks). My current favorite color is Currant (great for the holiday season!) but I also have the following colors and love them all: Petal Rose, Lily (all three are lighter pink and great for day to day) and Orchid (a bit darker and a super wearable cool berry color).
13. Color Define Brow Pencil: ($24) I switch back and forth between the brow pencil and the gel. I like them both! The pencil goes on easily and you just use small strokes to fill in your brows. Then use the spoolie brush on the other end to blend it all in. I use the Medium pencil.
14. Brilliant Brow Gel: ($24) A quick and easy way to define your brows. I like the Light shade for myself.
Happy Black Friday!