Over the past year I’ve tried to be much more deliberate when choosing products that my family and I come in contact with. My diet isn’t perfect, we don’t eat all organic (it’s expensive, especially here in Hawaii), I’m still a total novice when it comes t0 essential oils, but I’m much more aware of the chemicals in things these days. All chemicals aren’t bad (heck, water is a chemical…one of the few things I remember from chemistry class!), but many can have harmful effects that most people aren’t even aware of. One way that I’ve embraced cleaner living is by swapping most of my beauty and skin care products over to Beautycounter. I blogged about my reason for the switch here, if you’d like to read more. The products from Beautycounter aren’t only safer, they also perform incredibly well! Truthfully, I wouldn’t use them if they didn’t, even if they were the safest things on the planet. Despite using safer products I still need good results, and I’ve been blown away by most everything I’ve tried. So without further ado, here are some of my favorites that are worth checking out during Beautycounter’s 15% off sale that ends at the end of the day on April 15th. And as always, if you have questions about choosing a shade or product just shoot me a note! Signing up as a Beautycounter consultant has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve done, and I’m always here to help. Oh and the best part is that everything from Beautycounter is pregnancy and nursing friendly. Knowing that made choosing effective products so much less stressful for me.
Skin Care Products
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar: If you have oily or blemish-prone skin this is the cleansing bar for you. It removes excess oil and makes my skin feel so clean. I keep it on a dish and never pick it up, just run a wet hand across the top and then apply that to my wet face. This one bar is going to last me a year!
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads: These are like the toner pads we all used as teens, but they’re for anti-aging instead! They’re full of fruit acid complex and vitamin C and they help minimized the appearance of fine lines and pores. I use these after cleansing my skin. One way I’m making the pack of 40 pads last twice as long is by cutting them all in half!
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: This is the product that made me fall in love with Beautycounter. It makes your skin look so bright, helps with wrinkles and discoloration (bye bye, melasma), and it also exfoliates without overdrying. It’s good for every skin type. I use it every other night after the toner pads.
- Brightening Facial Oil: I’m an oily-skinned person so I figured that a facial oil wasn’t for me, but I was wrong! I use 3 drops of this on the evenings I don’t use the resurfacing peel. It makes my skin nice and bright and I can almost pretend I’m not a tired mom like I actually am. Many people also use that during the day!
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream: Eye cream is so important, y’all. It helps make eyes look less tired, reduces the look of bags and dark circles and also minimizes fine lines. I love this eye cream and use it after the peel or oil (depending on the night) right before using night cream. When I have residual cream on my fingers I’ll dab it on the wrinkle in the middle of my forehead and the little “parentheses” on the sides of my mouth. I think it has really helped all areas!
- Rejuvenating Night Cream: As you can tell, I’m all about anti-aging products these days. This cream feels like a nice treat at the end of the day!
- Balancing Facial Mask: This mask deep cleans and removes impurities. I love how it makes my skin feel and I try to use it once a week.
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion: I use this in the morning after washing my face. It moisturizes my skin and sets a smooth foundation for makeup. It adapts to your skin’s moisture needs and is nice and lightweight!
- Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage: This tinted moisturizer was my very first Beautycounter product and I’m still obsessed with it. I never wear foundation, all I wear is this. Plus it has SPF 20. I wear shade 3 but think I could go with 2 if I wasn’t living in Hawaii.
- Touchup Skin Concealer Pen: I was skeptical about this because the application method is a little different, but once I got the pen flowing (it required more pumps than I thought) I fell in love. I wear shade Medium 1.
- Mattifying Powder: This powder sets your makeup and helps absorb oil. It works for all skin tones because it goes on invisibly.
- Velvet Eyeshadow Palette: This eyeshadow is incredible. It’s super pigmented, goes on smoothly and stays on really well. I have the classic palette and love all 9 colors. I’d love to add the romantic palette to my collection because it’s full of beautiful pink colors.
- Volumizing Mascara: This mascara makes your lashes nice and full.
- Brilliant Brow Gel: This brow gel is amazing! I wear shade medium and it darkens and tames my brows all at the same time. I don’t even pencil them in anymore.
- Lip Gloss: I used this almost exclusively on our Asia trip because it was so dry and this was the only thing that kept my lips moisturized. I love the shades dahlia and bare shimmer.
- Sheer Lipsticks: These lipsticks go on as smoothly as lipgloss and they’re scented with vanilla. They’re sheer so they look nice and natural too, perfect for daily life even if you’re a mom who isn’t going anywhere. I have shades rose, lily and orchid and they’re all beautiful.
Body & Baby
- Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer: This body lotion adapts to your body’s moisture needs and as a surprise effect it also helped get rid of the KP bumps on the backs of my arms!
- Kids Shampoo: I love that this shampoo comes with a pump so it’s easy to dispense with one hand. It gets the kids’ hair nice and clean and smells like grapefruit because of the fruit extracts.
- Kids Body Wash: This body wash makes the kids’ skin so soft! Smells like grapefruit just like the shampoo.
- Baby Daily Protective Balm: This is a safer alternative to petroleum oil so it’s great as a barrier after rash cream if your child gets really bad diaper rash. I also use it on the really dry spots I get on my ankles and knees.
As always, I’m here if you’d love to chat about Beautycounter! I’ve really enjoyed helping women choose products for themselves and their families and would love to help you too!