Who’s ready for a little spring wardrobe refresh? This season there are so many pieces that are perfect for embracing the longer and sunnier days. Whether you’re looking for a cute new swimsuit, the perfect spring shoes, the best-fitting denim shorts, or a scalloped top to layer under a sweater, this post is for you! These spring wardrobe essentials are easy to mix with pieces you already have, and even if you just add one or two new items this season your closet is sure to thank you.
14 Timeless Wardrobe Pieces for Spring
- Now this jumpsuit is a bit of a splurge, but I have a thing for jumpsuits these days and when I saw this one I fell in love. Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam (one of my favorite blogs to read) has a clothing line of dresses and jumpsuits that are feminine and playful and I’d love to add any of them to my collection! If you find any other fun warm weather jumpsuits please let me know! My favorites are the kind with cropped wide legs, similar to the one I wore in my blog post about 28 hours in Waikiki.
- I have a pair of woven leather loafers that I bought in Oxford, England in 2012. They are one of my favorite pairs of shoes, and I’ve even had them resoled by a cobbler because I love them so much. This pair is relatively similar, though it’s in mule form instead, which is super on trend these days. 5 color options as well, though I’m partial to the gold.
- I ordered this scalloped tank and just got it in the mail. The color is so pretty, though it comes in 7 other colors as well! I’m typically a 2 or 4 (or Small) in tops and went with a size 4 and it fits perfectly.
- I just ordered these woven rattan earrings! Such a great price (hooray for Amazon prime!) and they will go with absolutely everything. I have a pair of raffia earrings that I wear all the time, so I guess I’m really into earrings made of natural materials these days. Here and here are a couple other cute options.
- I love a classic navy dress, and this one with a ruffled neckline is so dreamy. I have an old top from Belk that has a very similar neckline and it always gets compliments. Here is the sleeveless shirt version and it also comes as a long sleeved dress and long sleeved top.
- This colorblock one-piece swimsuit is soooo pretty. Pink and red is a long time favorite color combination of mine, and the silhouette of this one-piece is so timeless and flattering! It’s backordered until April but I’m sure it’s worth the wait.
- Basket bags are perfect for spring and summer because they go with everything! This one is handy because it’s a cross body bag, and I the circular shape makes it unique. Bonus points because it’s on Amazon Prime!
- This is the perfect high rise skirt! I’ve had it in olive green for over a year and just added this blue one to my wardrobe. The scallops are amazing and it’s so comfortable. I love to tuck a shirt into it and it immediately looks pulled together even though the fabric is nice and casual. I wear a size 2.
- Need a simple white t-shirt? This is the one I’m obsessed with and now have two of them…because you can never have enough white shirts. This one is so affordable and I love to that it’s not a solid white, there is a tad bit of visual texture to it. I sized up to a medium.
- My favorite packable one size fits all sunhat now comes with a pink ribbon! I have it in navy and cream already but this new color looks dreamy.
- These are the denim shorts I can’t live without and they are 100% a spring and summer essential. I wear mine almost every day! I wear a size 26 and would say they’re true to size for J.Crew.
- This is another pair of mules I’d love to add to my collection! They’re rattan and would go well with everything in a springtime wardrobe. (Update, here is a super affordable pair at Target that looks exactly like the Dolce Vita pair I’ve included in the collage! I just ordered this cheaper pair and am so excited to get them. Thanks to the 2 readers who told me about them!)
- I bought this striped shirt a few weeks ago and it is a new favorite of mine. The blue is a perfect cornflower blue and it’s only $12.99! It looks way better in person than it does on the model, I don’t think Target did a great job of styling it. I sized up to a medium because I was feeling bloated the day I bought it and wanted an oversized look (you can see how it fits on me here), but a small would have worked just fine too.
- I wore a similar short-sleeved button down shirt in this blog post from last week, but I just discovered another version that I decided to scoop up too because the price was so good. I sized up to a medium for an oversized look.
Such cute pieces, I’m so ready for spring!
Did you see that Target came out with a pair of light rattan mules? Part of the Universal Thread line, I scooped them up immediately!
Hi Kelsey, thank you so much for telling me about these! I seriously scoured the web and all I could come up with was these Dolce Vita ones, I don’t know how I missed the ones at Target! Just ordered them in both colors, can’t wait to get them!