Beautycounter Black Friday and All of My Favorites
Beautycounter’s Black Friday sale starts today! As you all know, I’m a huge believer in the company because these safer products actually work. I became a consultant after falling in love with three life-changing products (the peel, eye cream and night cream listed below) and my skin has never been better and I’ve never been happier. Plus the fact that I’m not using any potentially dangerous chemicals is a nice cherry on top. So, since Beautycounter is offering 15% off plus free shipping on orders over $50 until November 25th at 11:59 PM PST, I wanted to share the absolute favorite products of mine now that I’ve tried many different things. Any of these items would be a nice treat for yourself but they’d also make a really thoughtful gift for any woman in your life. Beautycounter is on the pricier side but the results truly speak for themselves and it’s nice to know you’re taking care of your entire body both inside and out. And as always, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific skin concerns you’d like to discuss. I’ve helped quite a few women decide what products would be best for them and would be happy to do the same for you.
(And if you do decide to shop please make sure it says “You’re shopping with Katie Vail” in the top right corner so that I’ll be your designated consultant and can help you if you have any future concerns! Thanks y’all!)
1. If you’re only going to buy one product make it the Overnight Resurfacing Peel. This item sold me on Beautycounter so much that I decided to be a consultant (speaking of, if you want to become one too shoot me a note and I’d be happy to chat about it with you). It makes my skin glow and helps reduce any discoloration I have. I use it every other night before applying my eye and night creams and I can’t say enough good things about it!
2. The Classic Velvet Eyeshadow Palette might be my most favorite eyeshadow palette I’ve ever owned. It is seriously gorgeous. It comes with 9 natural and nude colors anyone could pull off. And the gold sparkly colors look like that gold eyeshadow instagram filter everyone likes to use when they look tired in real life!
3. Sheer Lipstick is for the girl who thinks she doesn’t like lipstick. It goes on smoothly, smells like vanilla and has the prettiest sheer colors that are perfect for a natural look. I have Lily, Orchid and Rose and they’re all beautiful.
4. This Charcoal Cleansing Bar is for anyone with oily skin. I use it morning and night and it helps absorb some of the oil my face likes to constantly produce. It makes your skin a little tight in the beginning but I kind of like the feeling because it lets me know it’s working. I’ve heard it can be a bit drying if you experience a harsh winter and get dry skin during this time of year, but it’s working great for me in the land of endless summer.
5. The Rejuvenating Eye Cream is light yet effective. I also put a dab on my forehead (in between my eyes) to help keep from getting those two lines that so desperately want to show up now that I’m in my mid-30s.
6. The Beautycounter Facial Oils are incredible. I thought that they wouldn’t work for me since I have oily skin, but that is not the case. I’ve been using the No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil every other night (I alternate nights with the Peel) and just bought the set of 3 mini oils so that I can try out the Plumping Oil and the Balancing Oil too. So far I like them all. (This would be a great set to buy and then divide up and give to individual friends.)
7. I wear my Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage most days and don’t even bother with foundation. It’s a great tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 in it. I wear shade no. 3 but could probably use no. 2 as well.
8. When I want to create a smooth base for my makeup or when I feel like wearing absolutely nothing at all I’ll put on some Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion. It goes on unlike any moisturizer I’ve ever used and feels really satiny on your face. This stuff adapts to your skin’s moisture needs throughout the day so that you get exactly what you need.
9. The Volumizing Mascara works really well and doesn’t flake at all. 2 coats is all you need for nice, full-looking lashes.
10. I have oily skin and recently purchased the Mattifying Powder. It’s great for applying over top of moisturizer or foundation to help keep oil at bay during the day.
11. If you’re interested in anti-aging then the Rejuvenating Night Cream is a must. It feels like a luxurious little treat every night as I put it on before bed.
12. The No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask is a newer purchase of mine and I’m already a big fan. It smells like peppermint and the charcoal is great for balancing and absorbing impurities. Just be sure to use an old wash cloth when you rinse it off because it seems to have to potential to stain.
13. I hadn’t worn a true lip gloss in years but am a big fan of Beautycounter’s Lip Gloss. They’re really moisturizing and come in lots of pretty colors. I have Bare Shimmer and Dahlia and like both of them a lot.