Happy Friday y’all! This past week had some ups and downs. Caroline and Jack have been fighting colds for over a month now and on Wednesday I decided to take Caroline to the doctor because she had stuff coming out of her eyes and was having a very difficult time sleeping. Turns out she had a mild double ear infection as well as a sinus infection so she’s now on antibiotics and is already feeling so much better! Last night she only woke up once and I felt like a new woman after getting a good night’s sleep for the first time in a while. In addition to the things I had been doing (saline spray, nose frida, humidifier, elevated mattress, natural baby cough syrup) I also decided to buy some Oilogic baby essential oils for cough and stuffy nose (they’re diluted so they’re not as strong so they’re safe on babies 6 months and older). I haven’t gotten into the whole essential oils thing before but after this I may need to buy a set for the family. I put it on her feet, the back of her neck and her chest and I really think it helped last night!
Yesterday we went to the zoo with some friends and we had a wonderful time! The pictures above are from our sweaty and fun trip. We’re going to try to make an outing like this a monthly thing because all the kids and all the moms had so much fun!
Anyway, now that I’ve shared a little update, here are some random things that have caught my eye recently:
1. Parenting you Strong-Willed Child. A friend sent me this article from Aha! Parenting the other day and it was eye opening. If you follow me in Instagram you know that I’m an open book when it comes to sharing the struggles I have with Jack. He is the sweetest and most loving little boy but he is extremely strong-willed and I often have no clue how to handle him without it becoming a huge scene. (I was a strong-willed child and I’m a strong-willed adult so he comes by it honestly!) This article is truly the best thing I’ve ever read on parenting a strong-willed child and I think it’s going to ensure that I don’t squash his fiery spirit that will serve him well once he’s an adult. I probably need to read this every night for the next 16 years so that I can keep it in mind in the morning. It is that good! If you have a strong-willed little one I highly suggest reading this, it’s not too long and has so many good take-aways.
2. Pink YETI Rambler. I’ve seen one of my favorite bloggers, Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam, carry this travel mug around on Instagram Stories and I thought it was so cute. Tom got it for me for Valentine’s Day and I love it! He already had a silver one that I used all the time so I figured it was time to get one for myself. The pink color is so pretty!
3. Hope & Henry Children’s Clothing. Have you heard about this clothing line? It’s designed by a former CEO of Gymboree (makers of Janie and Jack) and the clothes are just as cute as Janie and Jack but they’re made with organic cotton and are MUCH more affordable. I haven’t ordered anything yet but plan on it soon! I heard about them on Karla Reed‘s Instastory (she’s a fun mom to follow if you don’t follow her already!). This bow shoulder dress is so cute, this swim cover-up is perfect and reminds me of Sail to Sable, and I wish this blue and white striped dress came in my size! I’ll link to some more cute options at the bottom of the post.
4. Scalloped T-Shirt. I just ordered this shirt in pink and in white and they are so pretty and such a great update to a simple long-sleeved t-shirt. Not that I need long-sleeved shirts right now living in Hawaii…but I know I’ll get tons of use out of them once we’re back on the mainland.
5. Hunter for Target. Did you see that Hunter and Target are collaborating and the line comes out on April 14th? I don’t own anything Hunter and am excited to see what will be in the collection!