I’m not normally an oatmeal fan, but lately I can’t get enough of it! It’s not even cold here in Hawaii but I’ve been eating it almost every morning. Oatmeal is a great galactagogue (food that aids in breast milk supply) so I’m probably subconsciously craving it because I have a newborn and am feeding her around the clock. Here is the simple recipe (more of a guideline because I don’t measure) that I’ve been eating every day. It’s super yummy and is a great way to start the day.
Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal
-oatmeal (I’m obsessed with Coach’s Oats, which is sold at Costco and Amazon. It has a much better texture than normal oatmeal)
-ground flax seed
1. Pour oatmeal into bowl and add water. I microwave mine for 90 seconds on high.
2. Add about 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed to the oatmeal.
3. Add about a tablespoon of almond butter to the oatmeal. Stir in.
4. Top with sliced fresh strawberries. I normally use 4 or 5.
5. Sprinkle some chocolate chips into the oatmeal. Stir to melt.