As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I don’t do a lot of food posts here on the blog. I rarely measure or take photos of my food so when I do actually share a recipe it’s because it was so yummy! I shared a peek of this meal on Instagram Stories last week and got a few requests for me to share the recipe, so here goes!
I use some variation of this recipe quite often because it’s so easy to adjust depending on what pasta, protein, vegetables and cheese I have in the fridge. Here is the combo I came up with last week, and I promise it is delicious and super easy. The recipe below is more of a guideline than a recipe, so alter the amounts as you wish.
pasta (we used farfalle/bowtie)
minced garlic (if you like garlic use a lot, if not then just use a little. We love garlic so I always go heavy on it.)
shrimp (I used frozen jumbo shrimp that had already been peeled, deveined and cooked. I thawed them in some water and then removed the tails prior to cooking.)
peas (I used frozen peas that I cooked in the microwave prior to using.)
salt and pepper to taste
crushed red pepper (optional…but I put it on EVERYTHING)
1. Boil water for pasta. Cook pasta according to instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking heat up a large cast iron skillet and melt butter in it.
3. Add garlic to skillet and cook for a minute.
4. Add shrimp and cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to stir mixture often.
5. Add cooked peas and fresh spinach to the skillet.
6. Strain pasta once it is finished cooking but reserve some of the cooking water.
7. Remove skillet from heat and add the cooked pasta to the skillet.
8. Add a little pasta water to the skillet (a 1/4 cup or so).
9. Add chopped fresh basil and feta to the skillet.
10. Top with crushed red pepper if you like a little heat.