It’s #MommyMonday on the blog again and today I’ll be sharing some of the apps I like to use as a mom and as a blogger! To be honest, I’m not one of those people who is always downloading the newest apps. I tend to stick to what I like and and end up deleting the ones I don’t use often enough.
I’ve recently started using these Well-Kept Screen Cleansing Towelettes to keep my phone clean, (especially because I run with it so it gets sweaty, I drop it more often than I should, and it ends up in Jack’s mouth now that he’s into everything). Phones end up with so many crazy germs on them yet it’s easy to never even think about cleaning them. As for the apps I use, all of them are free because I’m cheap 🙂 Here are the apps I use regularly (in no particular order):
1. Snapchat. Like all babies, Jack thinks that seeing himself in a mirror or on a screen is hilarious. We play on snapchat often and then I’ll replay it for him and he just laughs and laughs at himself. Sometimes I also just use the camera on the phone as a mirror so he can watch himself. I have started using Snapchat a lot recently to show what my day looks like, decorating progress, what I’m eating, etc. so I’d love it if you’d follow me if you aren’t already! I’m dashofwhimsy over there.
2. The Bump. I used this app when I was pregnant to get weekly updates on how Jack was growing. I still use it to quickly see what sort of milestones he should be hitting with each week of life.
3. Nike Training Club. I’ve mentioned this app before because it’s my favorite way to get in a good workout while Jack naps. It’s free and there are so many types of workouts to choose from for all different activity levels. It’s great especially if you don’t have access to a gym or workout classes! It really helped me drop the baby weight relatively quickly.
4. P Tracker Lite. I used this app to track my menstrual cycle for over a year before we tried to conceive (sorry if that’s TMI). It helped me know exactly when I was fertile and it took out a lot of the guesswork. If you plan on having a baby I really suggest keeping track of this sort of information for a while before you even start trying.
5. Instagram. Such a great app to share little glimpses from your day or what you’re blogging about. It’s fun to follow other moms and creative designers and bloggers. I shared my favorite moms to follow here.
6. Facebook. I use Facebook for my blog but I primarily use it to keep track of family and friends that live all over the country.
7. White Noise HQ. We always use a noise maker for Jack when he sleeps and it’s especially important when you travel and you have to sleep in the same room as your baby. We normally bring ours with us but when we forget it we use the White Noise app. It has a wide variety of noises that aren’t annoying like some noises are. we use the “Fan Noise” on the app…just make sure you plug your phone in if you use the app all night.
8. Pandora. Sometimes I just don’t feel like listening to music that I’ve downloaded on iTunes so I listen to Pandora. I don’t have a kid’s channel yet so if you know of a good one please let me know!
Be sure to check out these other blogging mommas to see what apps they use the most:
Oh and did you notice the porch furniture? We just bought the rug, bench and chairs at World Market because they are having a 50% off sale on their outdoor stuff. I love that we finally have a cozy spot to drink coffee (and wine) on our porch! Still looking for a bistro table though. I can’t seem to decide what color I want. Stay tuned for more pics of our new home!
Leave a comment
Which white noise maker do you use for Jack on a regular basis? I am currently on the hunt for one!
We have the marpac dohm and it's perfect. Just simple white noise and nothing distracting. I actually used it in my room for a few years before Jack was born because I don't like when it's too quiet. I need to buy a second one!