Spring is finally here, which means it’s time for a little spring cleaning! To tell you the truth, I’m not a huge fan of cleaning (especially floors or bathrooms), but a little bit of cleaning and organizing can provide a huge sense of relief and accomplishment. Below are a few easy spring cleaning suggestions that will help you clean up your life and your home:
1. Clean up your Inbox. How many of you get at least 50 junk emails a day? I do, and it drives me nuts. I don’t even look at the majority of them, and because I hate seeing a little number over the email icon on my iPhone I’m constantly deleting these promotional emails. The past few days I’ve been unsubscribing from these emails as the come in. I know many of them will continue to come, but it’s strangely satisfying how taking the time to unsubscribe from clutter can feel.
2. Clean out your Car. I’m notorious for having a cluttered car. In my opinion it’s much too cold in the winter to clean out the car so the junk has been piling up. Lots of water bottles, too many lululemon shopping bags to count (I use them for groceries), and various winter weather clothing items have worn out their welcome. This past weekend it was sunny and almost warm so I cleared out all the junk that shouldn’t be in there and I organized the items that I like to keep in the car. Next stop will be to get my car washed and detailed.
3. Clean out your Coat Closet. Coats take up a lot of space, so pack them up if space is at a premium in your home. Rotating out your winter clothes is also a great way to make room for spring and summer clothes!
4. Donate what you Don’t Need. It’s difficult to part with clothing, knickknacks, etc….which is why many of us end up with all sorts of things that don’t fit, aren’t in style or simply don’t “work” for you or your home. Set aside an hour to walk through your home and pull out the things you don’t need or love anymore. Pack it all up in a trash bag and drop it off at your local Salvation Army or Goodwill before you get a chance to reconsider what you’re getting rid of. Once it’s gone you’ll likely not even miss it at all.
5. Clean out your Fridge. You know you have some nasty old food lurking around in the back of your refrigerator. We all do, and now is the time to clean it out! Wash out those old tupperware containers, toss expired foods, and wipe down all your fridge surfaces. Cleaning the fridge out doesn’t take much time at all, and it’ll help make your cooking experience much easier and less stressful.
Leave a comment
Try Unroll.me for your email. I put it off for a long time and wish I hadn't, it is great. I love not opening my mail and having to search for "real" emails!
I'll definitely need to check that out. Thanks for the tip!