Bar carts have been popular for quite a few years now, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Back in 2013 I showed you how to set up a bar tray if you don’t have a bar cart (see post here), and before Christmas I shared my holiday bar cart decorating tips…but today we will go over the key non-boozy elements that you need to make your bar cart Pinterest-worthy at any time of year.
1. Trays. I’m a sucker for a good tray. They are great because they “ground” your items that otherwise would look a little lost and alone. Bigger trays are great for holding your alcohol, and smaller trays are good for holding accessories you may need.
2. Straws. These are practical, but more importantly, they are FUN! They are the perfect way to add a little whimsy to your bar cart, so don’t be afraid to go bold! For extra points, try storing them in a shiny mint julep cup! I like to buy mine at Target because there are tons of different options for not a lot of money.
3. Shaker. You need a shaker, but don’t settle for one that’s utilitarian and boring. Try to find one with a littler personality, like a gold top or polka dots!
4. Plant. I normally have an orchid with my bar cart, but today I’m using this fun and colorful cactus. You can never go wrong with plants, so choose some flowers or a potted plant to add an organic touch to your bar cart.
5. Fun Glasses. There are so many cute cocktail sets around now, so you should have no trouble finding some cute glasses. Or, try to find some vintage glasses to make your bar cart even more unique.
6. Candle and Matches. Add a little ambiance! Candles make your home smell good, and can also make your bar cart look pretty. Plus everyone looks good in a little candlelight.
7. Pretty Books. This may seem weird to you, but I promise that books make a huge difference. They add height and give you an interesting surface for you to place some smaller items on. Trust me!
8. Coasters. As with the straws, coasters are a useful way to add some personality!
9. Napkins. You can either go with fun paper napkins, or cute embroidered linen napkins. You can’t go wrong either way.
10. Bottle Opener. Don’t just settle for a ho-hum bottle opener. Get one with a little personality that’s fun to use!
Below are some great examples of items that are sure to make any bar cart look fabulous. Cheers y’all!