Christmas is next week! Hurray! So naturally, Christmas decorations, Christmas recipes, and Christmas hosting ideas are front and center when it comes to things I’ve been drawn to this past week. This will be my last post of the year sharing holiday ideas that have inspired me, so hopefully these last minute ideas inspire you too. I’m hoping to share how we decorate the beach house in a post next week…but we will have to get there and decorate it first so who knows.
1. DIY Mini Cranberry Wreath Place Cards. Umm…these are adorable. And they look super easy to create thanks to the beautiful and straight forward instructions by Say Yes. Makes me wish I was hosting Christmas this year so that I could make these beauties!
2. DIY Diamond Boxwood Wreath. I love this wreath for three reasons. First, it’s a boxwood wreath and I just love delicate waxy boxwood leaves. Second, it’s a diamond rather than a traditional circle. Third, the ribbon is black and white striped! Amy from Homey Oh My! is super talented and has such a great eye, so you need to follow her blog if you aren’t already! (Full tutorial is featured on Design*Sponge.)
3. Cranberry and Rosemary Champagne Ice Bucket.Isn’t this ice bucket so festive? I love me some champagne, and I can’t think of a better way to keep a bottle cold. There isn’t a tutorial because this is from a wedding, but it looks like it would be pretty simple to recreate.
4. Gluhwein / Mulled Wine Recipe. Have you ever had gluhwein (hot mulled wine)? If you’ve ever visited Germany in the wintertime you probably know just how wonderful this stuff is (I learned to like gluhwein as a teenager while on a visit to Germany…thank goodness the drinking age isn’t 21 there!). It warms your insides even if it’s 10 degrees outside, and it tastes oh so good. My friend Laurel from A Bubbly Life shared a yummy looking gluhwein recipe on her blog this past week and I can’t wait to make some once I get home.
5. A Gold, Silver and Copper Christmas. I’m drawn to everything in this picture: black and white stripes, leopard print, the gold/copper/silver color combination, and of course, the monogrammed stockings. I’d love to spend Christmas morning in front of a mantel that looks like this!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get all your last minute Christmas shopping done! I head home to Georgia tomorrow and I cannot wait to see my family. Merry Christmas y’all!
Leave a comment
Merry Christmas to you!
Thank you! I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!