Happy Friday everyone! I am so sorry that it’s been a few weeks since I did an “on my mind lately” post. I try to write these posts Thursday night or Friday morning so that it truly is about what sort of projects, recipes, items I’ve been interested in lately, but sometimes when Thursday night rolls around I just don’t feel like writing anything. I tend to lose every ounce of discipline by Thursday evening…may or may not have eaten half of a large Pizza Hut stuff crust pizza last night…ugh. I’ll try to get better at my Friday morning posts though, I promise. That being said, here are 5 things that I’ve had on my mind this past week. Enjoy!
1. Tiny Copper String Lights. These are so dainty and surprisingly bright! They are perfect for wrapping around antlers or other odd things you decide to turn into Christmas decor (like I did). A tad pricy but so cool!
2. Simple Christmas Decor. Isn’t this simple boxwood wreath hung on a chalkboard beautiful? Sometimes I wish I preferred simple things rather than sparkly and shiny things, because this truly is such a classic and lovely look.
3. Cozy Reading Nook. I’m working on a design project for some folks in Annapolis right now. I was browsing Pinterest for a little inspiration for their reading nook and I came across this cozy space. Wouldn’t you just love to cozy up in this crushed velvet wingback and read a good book? I know I would.
4. The Hunted Interior. Have you checked out Kristin Jackson’s blog before? It’s amazing y’all. She has such an amazing eye, isn’t afraid of taking risks, and seriously has the most beautifully curated spaces. Plus she’s Atlanta based and I always love seeing talented Southern women.
This brass peacock (and the bar cart) are examples of items I’d love to sell on Etsy!
5. Future Etsy Store? I tossed this idea out a few days ago on Instagram but I’ll go ahead and toss it out here too! Y’all know I love love love vintage pieces, and my favorite thing is to style them in unexpected and modern ways. This got me thinking…would anyone out there be interested in me opening an Etsy shop full of vintage treasures? I’d style them on the blog showing you how to use them in interesting ways, and then make them available for you to purchase via Etsy! Down the road I’d love to open a brick and mortar home decor boutique selling both old and new stuff, but the Army is unpredictable and it doesn’t make sense for me to put roots down anywhere just yet (which is why I’m toying around with an Etsy shop). I’d love to hear if you’d be interested in something like this!
Have a lovely weekend and stay warm in this freezing cold weather that seems to have swept most of the country!!
Leave a comment
I was thinking about this and have you considered specialising in brass. You'd have to sell more than just brass I'd imagine but there's so many Etsy shops if you can build yourself up as the "go to" shop for something in particular you'd be able to stand out from the pack. I've picked up brass pieces for a song on ebay and cleaned them up and resold them on ebay for three times what I paid so there's heaps of places you could source them, but you're not silly, you'd have worked that out already. Give it a go, and remember, Oprah wasn't built in a day!
I love the Etsy idea!! I don't have the vision to see these unique items in a space so I pass them up when I go thrifting, if you feature them and then sell them, it would be awesome!
Katie that would be so awesome if you opened your own Etsy shop! I love seeing all the vintage pieces you find/repurpose on the blog and how you style them. I would be so excited to shop in your Etsy store!
I love the idea! I would also buy that peacock in a heartbeat!
Can't wait to shop your Etsy shop!
I would love an Etsy shop from you. I have completely enjoyed seeing how you put together these cute objects in your space.