1. Pineapples. This lovely post was featured on The Things We Didn’t Buy blog this week. I want all of these things fun pineapple items, especially the watercolor! Pineapples are a symbol of hospitality and they also remind me of my time living in Hawaii. This post is making me really want to incorporate more pineapples into my home!
2. Fish Tacos. I made this recipe last night (using mahi mahi instead of tilapia) and it was out of this world. Best fish I’ve ever cooked and Tom loved it too!
3. Spotted Cow Hide Rug. This Society Social spotted cow hide rug is amazing. I have no place to put it, plus I already have a regular cow hide rug…but this this one has dots! That’s reason enough to buy it, right?
4. Dresser. I’m currently on the hunt for a new dresser. I’m thinking a campaign chest would be perfect, because I’d like a long, low dresser to go by the window that won’t block the sunlight. This one is from MiVidaVintageLA and I found it on Etsy. It’s gorgous, you can customize the colors, and it’s exactly what I was picturing. Now if only I had an extra $1,395 laying around…
5. Washington DC Nation’s Triathlon. Well, a while back I stated that my goal this year was to do a triathlon. I am now officially signed up for a sprint triathlon in June (300m swim, 12km bike, 5km run) AND the Nation’s Triathlon which is Olympic distance (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run)…yikes! Guess I’d better start spending some time on the bike and in the pool! I’m both excited and nervous. I’ve been so focused on running for the past few years, so it’ll be nice to shake things up a bit.
6. Dresses. I love to wear dresses. My favorite style for a while has been the fit and flare. They make your waist look tiny and the skirt adds some feminine flair. This dress from Lulu’s is darling and fun! I wish the weather would cooperate so that I could start wearing dresses.