Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone, and we are just days away from New Year’s Day! New Year’s Day always seems like a fresh start, even though I typically don’t set New Year’s Resolutions because I feel that healthy living, clean eating and exercising should be a part of my life all year round. Needless to say though, after Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always feel like I need a bit of a detox and a strict workout plan to help atone for all the delicious food and drinks I enjoyed over the holidays. My last big fitness event was the Baltimore Marathon, which was in October, so I’m itching to set a fitness goal now. I don’t feel like committing 16 weeks to train for another marathon at the moment, but I would love to try my hand at a triathlon! I grew up swimming, and I love running, but the bike part has always sort of scared me. I have a shiny new bike that is just asking to be ridden, so I see a triathlon in the near future! I haven’t signed up for a triathlon yet, but I think I’d like to compete in a sprint or an Olympic distance event. Ultimately I’d like to do a half Ironman, but figure I should start with baby steps, and here are some of the things that will help me do so! Some items I already have and absolutely LOVE, and some are things I’m lusting after.
1. Lululemon Runday Crops– I have a pair of these and they are amazing. A little bit higher rise than the Lululemon Inspire Crops, and they seem a bit thicker too. They have 3 pockets that can fit all your gear.
2. Nike Foil Skin Fast Back Swimsuit– I haven’t bought a new suit in years, and know that I’ll be spending more time in the pool. This suit looks cute, fun and practical for lots of laps.
3. Nike Free 4.0 Running Shoes– I’ve been wearing Nike Frees for almost 3 years now, and I can’t imagine switching to anything else. I like how lightweight they are, and they make them in lots of fun colors!
4. Lululemon Speed Shorts in Chevron Dot Black/Black– I just bought these because I love dots and they fit like the shorts used to a few years ago. These are amazing, have 3 pockets, and don’t give you wedgies! I have lots of pairs of speed shorts and they are the only shorts I wear for running.
5. Garmin Forerunner 310XT– I have the Garmin Forerunner 210 and it’s great for running (and cuter), but this baby works in the water and on the bike.
6. Lululemon Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve *Stripe in White– I have a ton of these in solid colors, but love the striped ones they have right now.