While Halloween has come and gone, pumpkins will still be around for the next month (yay)! That being the case, why put your seeds to waste when you’re baking a homemade pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or cooking your favorite pumpkiny fall recipe? I grew up making savory pumpkin seeds, but decided I wanted to try a sweet recipe this year. I always get a little pumpkin-crazy during the fall, so I knew exactly what flavoring to use. This recipe packs double the pumpkin by flavoring pumpkin seeds with yummy pumpkin pie spice! Give it a shot, I’m sure you’ll love them!
-pumpkin seeds (I used the seeds of a medium sized pie pumpkin)
-2 tbsp butter
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
3. Remove the pumpkin guts and rinse the seeds. Pat seeds dry
4. Melt butter and brown sugar in the microwave
5. Once butter/sugar mixture is completely melted, stir in pumpkin pie spice
6. Add pumpkin seeds to the mixture and coat evenly
7. Spread pumpkin seeds evenly across the cookie sheet
8. Cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring twice while the seeds are cooking
These pumpkin seeds are the perfect fall snack in the afternoon when you need a little pick-me-up! I hope you enjoy! What’s your favorite way to use pumpkin seeds?